Musculoskeletal injuries, and especially back injuries, are the most frequent type of injuries experienced by healthcare workers. Given current obesity trends in the nation and the need to aid bariatric patients, the risk of back injury is only getting worse. When you consider that, on average, just one back or neck injury can cost thousands of rupees (direct and indirect costs), the bottom line impact can be staggering.
In cases of medical laboratory, lack of training on safe equipment handling methods leads to a significant number of fresh RSI cases arising each year which mainly consist overuse injuries, Back Pain, Neck and Shoulder pain, Compartment syndromes etc.
We can address the needs of your entire staff, including office, janitorial, food services, laundry, and material handling.
The facts present a case for a welcome change:
- 8 to 9% of employees in hospitals, nursing care and residential care facilities are injured each year
- Greater than 50% of nurses experience back pain each year
- 50-80% of the incidents of low back pain in healthcare workers are attributed to patient transfers
- 65-80% of nurses with back pain do not report it to management.
The question at hand is not whether a problem truly exists in safe patient handling, but what approach do you take to solve the problem? We have that answer.
We can help you to:
- Quantify musculo skeletal and other risk factors in a particular job task or job task;
- Measure program performance; Identify high-risk employees needing assistance before they report an injury;
- Identify high-risk units where additional focus may be necessary;
- Monitor compliance.
Using evidence based, modern outcome measures like “MAPO methods”, we provide key metrics, pinpoint high-risk situations, and help drive your organization towards high performance and a culture of continuous improvement. By doing so, you improve patient care, employee health and wellness, recruitment and retention, and your bottom line